The “IWMA Young Talent of the Year Award 2022”
Since 2016, the International Water Mist Association (IWMA) bestows an award to promote young talents. The title of this award in 2022 will be:
“IWMA Young Talent Award / Master”
The prize is awarded once a year. The prize itself will include:
- An invitation to the annual international water mist conference
- A slot to present the thesis
- Travel and accommodation expenses*
- A prize money of 1000.00 €
- One year free IWMA membership (starting on the day of the presentation of the award)
Please note: One year the best master thesis will be honored, the following year the person having handed in the best Ph.D. thesis will be rewarded. Deadline to hand in your submission for the 2021 prize will be: 29th April 2022! For details please click HERE!
- All students whose master / Ph.D. thesis contains research on the water mist technology may take part in the competition.
- The master / Ph.D. thesis handed in should carry the date of the year of the conference or the year before that. In case of the Ph.D. theses also submissions carrying the date of the year before that may be handed in. Submission must be in English!
- One submission per university is allowed. A responsible professor or a body of expert teachers may evaluate the master / Ph.D. theses first and then decide which master / Ph.D. thesis shall be handed in.
- In a first round, an abstract or a brief summary of the master / Ph.D. thesis may be handed in. The IWMA Scientific Council will then establish a list of the three most promising abstracts. The students on that list will be asked to hand in the complete master / Ph.D. thesis. (The complete thesis may be handed in at the same time as the abstract or summary)
- The abstract or summary shall be handed in no later than 30th April of the year in question or before the date specified.
- Between 1st May and 31st May the IWMA Scientific Council will evaluate the abstracts or summaries.
- On 1st June the three students with the most promising abstracts or summaries will be asked to hand in their complete master / Ph.D. theses. (if they have not already done so)
- On 30th June the winner will be notified and announced (on IWMA webpage, via a press release, possibly in press articles)
- The sole body which will decide if the prize will be awarded and if so which the winning master / Ph.D. thesis is, shall be the IWMA Scientific Council only. There will be no legal recourse to obtain this award.