Since 2016 the International Water Mist Association (IWMA) offers an award to promote young talents.
The specific conditions, rules and regulations for the year 2023 can be found HERE!
Please note: In 2023, the "IWMA Young Talent Award" will go to the author of the best Ph.D. thesis.
The Award Winners:
- 2023: The IWMA Young Talent Award will go to the author of the best Ph.D. thesis dealing with water mist
- 2022: Haydn Lewis for his master thesis entitled: Factors influencing the Generation of Carbon Monoxide in Fires partially suppressed through Water Mist Application (to read the summary of Haydn's thesis please click HERE)
- 2021: No bestowal
- 2020: The conference had to be postponed, hence no bestowal
- 2019: Topi Matti Sikanen for his Ph.D. thesis entitled: Simulation of Transport, Evaporation and Combustion of Liquids in large-scale Fire Incidents
- 2018: No bestowal
- 2017: James Patrick White for his Ph.D. thesis entitled: "Measurement and Simulation of Suppression Effects in a Buoyant Turbulent Fire Line"
- 2016: Daniel A. Martin for his master thesis entitled: "The Use of a Water Mist Curtain as a Radiation Shield"
IWMA President Are Wendelborg Brandt and Bert Yu, Chairman of the IWMA Scientific Council hand over the IWMA Young Talent Award to Topi Sikanen
James Patrick White in Rome in 2017 together with the late IWMA President Ragnar Wighus and Bert Yu, Chairman of the IWMA Scientific Council
Daniel A. Martin in Vienna in 2016 together with the late IWMA President Ragnar Wighus